Babes in Barbados

Bring your bestie to work day!
Hello all! Will I ever consistently write my blog posts every week, lets be honest, it's not looking good is it! I'm awful, I'm sorry! I scrapped writing about St.Lucia as I'm playing catch up AGAIN so just jumping to one of my most recent trips, my 2 night Barbados! (I may slot in a St.Lucia post later
in the month when I have a quick/boring 1 nighter!) This was such a fun trip as had couple of crew friends on it, as well as being able to bring one of my best friends, Laura with me. Unusually as well we got 2 nights here, so winner winner! In the briefing, before the flight we'd already been informed that the hotel (and island) was at full capacity, due to the cricket, so we were in for a long wait for our hotel rooms. Around 2 to 3 hours long! So when we got there, they had given us a side room to chill in and a hospitality room to shower & change in too. A lovely rum punch welcome drink helped
ease the pain as well as the free dinner we were given & drinks vouchers! Amazing how quick a few hours goe when you've got free drink haha! So that was our pre-drinks party (couple guys even asked hotel staff how much it cost to get in 'the club' haha, which was just the room we were all dancing around in...too funny!) By time we got in our rooms and ready it was time to head straight out. About 8 of us girls went to an area called The Gap. Well known as the place to go for dinner/drinks bars etc. Don't ask me why we chose this bar, but ended up in a busy karaoke bar... I seem like I'm addicted to them recently, but I promise it wasn't my choice! Anyway we were all unsurprisingly pretty smashed in there and I think everyone hated us. It didn't help that one of the girls kept stealing the mic off people who were singing and Laura was trying to climb on the bar, smashing glasses in the process! But we had a lovely time! No idea when we got back but it was such a good first night!

The Blue Pineapple
Feeling less than fantastic when we woke up, we got our shit together and met the girls downstairs to
head to a place called Blue Pineapple for breakfast. This was my first time here & it was so nice! With a beach front location, cool straw poofs and low tables and quite a hippy vibe it was the perfect place to have some hair of the dog cocktails and brunch. Me and Laura shared smoked salmon & scrambled eggs on toast and poached eggs in a tomato and mushroom sauce with more toast, washed down with bloody marys. Delicious! Me being the twat I am, I had managed to leave my purse in the taxi, so while the others headed to the beach me and Laura stopped off at the hotel to try get it back. Someone was looking down on me as I was reunited with it, cash and all thankfully! We then walked along the beach to meet the others at the Boat Yard beach bar we were going to spend the day at. (Take a look at previous Barbados post for more info) Our entrance was perfectly timed with shots o'clock so that started things off nicely! The rest of the day was much of the same with drinks flowing and tanning it up. We did the boat ride again and this time got to see turtles as well as sting rays which was incredible as I've never seen
them in the wild before! We tried to watch the sunset, but the one cloud in the sky decided to position itself over the sun, so we gave up on that & headed back. We spruced ourselves up for the romantic dinner we had booked at Primo. We had originally tried to get a table at 2 other restaurants but they were full, so this was an unknown gamble on the receptionists recommendation. It did not disappoint at all! It was located back in The Gap again, but on the waters edge. Everything was just done so well, from the service & the cocktails to the setting and most importantly the food! We both chose fish dishes (sort of has to be done in the caribbean) Laura having maple glazed salmon with noodles and veg and mine being sesame tuna steak in a green thai curry sauce with sticky rice. A-ma-zing! As we knew we had an early start the next morning, we just had a couple of drinks and called it a night.


Reality...
vs insta!





















Our early, pre-dawn wake up was because of the race horses. I knew from other crew that they bring the race horses down to the beach, just in front of our hotel, at sunrise to let them play, swim and
wash off. So we headed down about 6am and were greeted by about 5 or 6 horses down on the beach. Being a horse lover and owner it was an amazing experience seeing them going out so far to swim and rolling around in the sand and sea. It's crazy how expensive hydrotherapy is at home and its brilliant they can just do this for free! The guys with them were funny & very friendly too and let us come in with them and help wash them off, which I loved. We happened to be there on a Thursday, which is when  they bring the most horses down too, so it seemed like there were just horses everywhere you looked at one point, with at least 25 coming down to the sea in total! They say the best things in life are free and this experience for me at least, although I'm sure Laura too, was definitely a highlight of our trip! After spending at least an hour with the gorgeous horses we caught a boogie bus (nickname for the local mini bus buses that take you
The tastiest acai bowl
around because they cram in as many people as they can and are usually blasting music) down to Art Splash for breakfast - a place I've mentioned more than once previously. After an amazing Acai bowl we took the scenic beach walk back, having a photo shoot along the way, which included me falling off a tree trying to get that perfect shot! The weather was a bit annoying once we got back to the hotel and kept raining on & off. It cleared a bit but I was knackered so went up to sleep for couple hours before check out. Laura caught the last of the sun and just like that the trip was over already! Definitely wasn't ready to come home, but all good things must come to an end. This trip was so fun and actually felt longer than just the 2 nights with everything we managed to pack in. Laura and I have a whole years worth of plans for our 30th year now too so this trip won't be our last! Next stop... Orlando!

Just the best trip!








Comments

Popular Posts