Vegas was a riot, in more ways than one!

Vegas, Vegas, Vegas... what are we going to do with you? Well this trip had some highs, lows & everything in between I think! I've done many a Vegas trip with both my current company & old ones and can't say I've ever had anything major happen. Bar one trip some years ago, but that story is for another day! When I started flying for this company about a year ago I had a Las Vegas given to me in my first roster. I remember being so excited, but when I got out from training so many crew were giving me the fear about these Vegas flights and how full on they can be. It made me nervous as mine was a notorious Friday night one, but apart from a few boozy people and a token stag in fancy dress (a Tellytubby in case you were wondering!) I've never had anymore happen. However this all changed on this trip!


On boarding you can usually get a vibe for the sort of flight you're going to get that day. I was upstairs which is quieter & could tell from crew who came upstairs that it was manic already! When I eventually got downstairs to assess for myself the level we were talking about I could tell we were in for a hard flight... people were most definitely tipsy to say the least! I will try to sum up a 10+ hour flight succinctly so my whole post isn't just about that, so here we go. I was being asked left right and centre for booze, someone wanted me to get them shots, we had a woman fighting with her friend and this was before we'd even left the ground! After that it was just relentless with people constantly wanting alcohol, someone deciding it was a good idea to smoke onboard. There were groups drinking their own alcohol & one man ended up restrained after lashing out due to the effects of self medicating his fear of flying on far too many sleeping tablets and booze. To say I was relieved to land was an understatement!
I had a couple of crew that were friends on this trip and originally we had planned to go out,out the first night but after the flight from hell the will to live, let alone go out had left us! Our pilots were so nice and took all the crew out for dinner and drinks to say thank you & well done to us all for the flight. We hit one of the many restaurants in the New Yorker and had what can probably described as the most needed/deserved drink of my life - rum Mai Thai if you must know! I won't bother telling you the place, even though everything was good, if you're in Vegas for a holiday you can do better. 

The next day we had some making up to do so headed out to get ourselves involved in one of the boozy brunches that Vegas does so well. Now I've been to a few and this one, at the Wicked Spoon in the Cosmopolitan Hotel, is up there as a really good one. Mid-range price wise (about $46 with booze) and there is every choice of food you could want - Asian, Italian, american breakfast items, salads, sushi bar, huge legs of various meats and a whole area dedicated just to deserts. Our waiter made sure the bucks fizz/mimosas were always topped up & after 2 hours of this we were well on our way! We skipped around the strip watching the famous Bellagio fountain show - a MUST if you're in Vegas & just taking pictures and messing about. Then back to the hotel to get ready to go out! 































We were heading to Drai's in The Mirage hotel, which plays mainly hip hop & RnB & is a really cool club with an outdoor pool area and amazing views. However tonight it had an extra appeal of having 50 Cent & Trey Songz performing! It was such a good night, the music was right up my street before they even came on & then with them on just topped it off! If you want to go out, out in Vegas - and lets face it, who doesn't, make sure you try to get yourself in touch with promoters for the clubs you want to head to. If you're girls this can mean you get free entry, guest list & possibly free drinks and guys at least free entry hopefully (everything's geared to the girls out there i'm afraid). You can either wander on the strip in the day and you'll find them or search for the club name & promoter and you'll find some - Instagram is the best for this. That way you save yourself the high entry prices if nothing
else... but don't tell anyone I told you!



Next stop... New York



Comments

Popular Posts