I won standby roulette & ended up in Barbados!

Are you in shock? Two blogs within a week of each other... it's like who dis?! Well it's me again, trying to get back into the swing of posting once a week after each trip. I'm writing not in real time, so a few trips behind where I'm actually at, if you look at my instagram you may get confused! So please check in here regularly to keep up to date with my antics (if you want!)



So last week I had a standby, consisting of 4 days of potentially being sat by the phone waiting for that call. Baring in mind I have no signal in my room, so can't even chill in bed until I'm called... 6am wake up isn't ideal! Day one I wasn't used, but just before I went to sleep I saw I'd had a Barbados allocated which is a brilliant one night trip in my opinion. Also I hadn't been to Barbs in about a year so love being able to mix it up. The only draw back was this route goes on our 'new' A332 which I hadn't heard great things about. For those of you interested, the A332 is not a new aircraft as such, just new to Virgin as it has come across from Air Berlin. However, I personally didn't find it as bad as I thought it would be. Yes there are a lot of people in the economy cabin compared to our A330's but we had a few spare seats so didn't seem too bad. The way home was more challenging when we were full, I think maybe they need to reconsider how many crew are working in the economy cabin as just didn't feel enough.

Beach walks 



Anyways, who cares about that?! Ha ha sorry maybe you do I don't know! I was very much looking forward to my post flight rum punch on the beach & as we had quite a few first timers to Barbados it was a great turn out. We got to watch a beautiful pink sunset across the ocean which was so nice. There is something about the beach in general that makes me so peaceful and content. My friends always used to say in college they could just imagine finding me living my life out in a shack by the beach! I would be absolutely fine with that (as long as I had a horse to ride nearby!) Myself and a few of the girls wanted a change of scene and something to eat so had a wander around to find somewhere new. Our usual haunts seemed to be closed for some unknown reason so we found a new little beach shack that was playing some great RNB tunes. Some spicy fish fingers & chips washed down with a mango daiquiri was the perfect way to end the night.


The next morning, I woke up pretty early, so thought I'd take a little morning stroll on the beach. My wander started off calm & serene until just as I'm trying to take a picture carnage ensues! Some sort of pidgeon/chicken launched itself from a tree and a cat flew out after it. Unfortunately for the bird the cat was faster and I got to watch it slink off with the bird hanging out of its mouth! Anyone within ear shot must of thought, "what the fuck is going on?!" Hearing me screaming, a cat yewoling (yeah that's a word now) and a poor birds death cries! Not quite the walk I'd had in mind! After that ordeal a few of us met up for breakfast. I got to lead the way to my favourite spot and quite a crew go-to place, Art Splash. It's a really cute little cafe that does lovely healthy options like, acai bowls & various things on toast for breakfast and they serve lunch too. I had one of my go to breakie's, eggs benedict royale which comes with a side of another of my faves, sweet potato fries - yasss! After that I wasn't up to much except a gorgeous walk back along the boardwalk & lounging on the beach for a bit. Sadly all too soon it was time to go home. I would love to spend longer in Barbados and hopefully I'll get one of our longer winter trips to this lovely island.





Next stop... back to Las Vegas!


Comments

Popular Posts