2 nights in Barbados

So for anyone that knows me, they know I'm the most forgetful person EVER! So unsurprisingly, I forgot to request for January, but luckily ended up with a good roster which included this trip... my first 2 nighter in Barbados! I've only ever had 1 night here before and even then that's only been a couple of times, so I was excited for this trip! The flight over was full on, but I was in the galley so was a bit away from the madness which was nice! We arrived, to a different hotel than I've stayed at before & found, while its a little further out, it's right on this gorgeous beach, which is amazing! Plan for the first night had been to have few chilled drinks by the beach, but about 4 of us ended up having to wait over 2 hours for our rooms to be ready which after working the flight over is really not what you want. However, during the wait we did a free beer & rum punch whilst we got to watch the stunning sunset, so clouds/silver linings and all that! When I eventually got to my room, the shower was barely luke-warm & flooded the room so at that point I'd lost the will to live and bailed on the drinks that night.
The beautiful sunset

Room Views
So due to having to wait so long for the rooms, we were comped a free breakfast each which being the piglet I am, I was happy about! I met some of the others at breakfast & as their table was full & one of the other girls was still due to come down I sat at the one next to them. Went and got my food, then realised I didn't have a mug so got up to ask for one. Walking back to my table I can see this fat pidgeon bee lining for my breakfast and before I could get there in time  Mr fat pidgeon had decided to use my omelette as a cushion whilst he helped himself to the rest of my breakie! Then his friends joined him and you can't see my plate for birds! I was fuming, the cheeky f*cks! Luckily they sorted me out another breakfast! Breakfast drama finished about 6 of us made our way further up the beach to spend the day at a beach bar called The Boatyard. It was such a good deal there, we got our sun loungers, $45 local dollars tab, use of the water inflatables they had as well as a little boat trip to snorkel and see a shipwreck & turtles all for $25 USD! After having spent the day sipping on beers and running the the bar when I heard them shout out SHOTS, I was tipsy by the time we got on the boat! Got to snorkel around and see a couple of big turtles which was amazing as they are genuinely my favourite animal! I even used to have one tattooed on my foot (until it rubbed off!) After watching yet another insane sunset on the beach we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night. There's a well known spot on a friday night called Oistins that everyone heads to (apparently, this was my first time!) When we got there it was totally different to what I expected. Because it was advertised in the hotel I thought it was going to be a real tourist trap but it definitely seemed more where all the locals go which was a nice surprise. Over to the right they had lots of food buildings and I had a huge bit of fish with salad and mac and cheese for next to nothing. Over to the left seemed to be the party area with bars and
people dancing. After food one of the girls felt unwell, so two of them went home. The three of us left headed over to the party side, there was a stage at the front, with music blasting out with everyone dancing behind it and bars all round the edge. I thought there was some sort of show going on, on the stage until I watched a bit closer and realised it was more likely to be the local nut jobs, going on the moves I was seeing haha! It was super random, but we ended up having a laugh, just dancing like no one was watching to a random mix of songs from local reggae to drake! (I would like to say people definitely were watching considering the amount of locals that came and tried it on... its a no from me, girls trying to dance here!) All danced out, we eventually headed home, having to literally run away from to guys who, even though we hadn't said more than 2 words to them, seemed convinced they were going wherever we were headed! 



Next day was just a chilled one, getting over all the rum punch and beer from the night before. No better way to do it than on a gorgeous beach! Anyone else, when they're hungover feel the need to be underwater or is that just me?! Either way diving in the sea definitely sorted me out! Could so easily of done another night here, its just so pretty but sadly we had to head home. Fingers crossed I get another one in March. Next stop one of my faves... Cuba!




 





Comments

Popular Posts