Vegas - Shots fired

Taking aim
Hello all! So this trip was a relatively normal vegas, however it had a little bit of added drama thrown in too! This is only a little post as didn't get up to much so nice quickie for you guys! I had a few people I knew on the crew, including a girl I trained with, which is always nice to be able to catch up. Especially as had been a very long time since we'd flown together. Nothing to report flight wise over, same old same old isn't it! My suitcase was packed for every eventuality, but when it became clear no one was going out I decided to do something different. A couple of the boys were going to go to the
Me & Kim
shooting range, so me and my training buddy thought we'd tag along. I was surprised at how anxious I was about shooting a gun and when I got there it didn't get any less nerve wracking. It's just surreal, walking in and there's just guns everywhere, like real actual guns! People off the street were walking in with their own guns just holstered on their belts, it felt so weird & didn't make sense to me. The boys chose the bigger packages where you could shoot about 5 different guns from AK-47's to sniper rifles etc costing about $150, but me and my friend just did the $25 pistol shooting option. Going inside the actual shooting range just made me more nervous, some of the guns were so loud it was insane (think being right next to a giant firework going off).  Also the thought that any of these people can just turn around and start shooting was always in the back of my mind. We could choose from a couple of different targets to shoot at, I thought it would be apt to choose a cartoon Kim Jong Il one. (When I was a holiday rep I was called Kim Jong, as a joke, for most of my first season, for my vague ethnic looks, so it had to be him!) I suffer from anxiety and genuinely thought, when it was my turn I might have a panic attack, was so strange. I was a sweaty, stressed out mess by the time it was my go to shoot the Glock, but I gave it a good go and was pretty happy with the few head shots I managed (considering my eyes were closed a lot I don't know how I hit the paper at all!)The boys were having the time of their lives shooting all these massive guns, but I don't think it's for me. I thought once I started shooting I'd get a taste for it and turn all Lara Croft, but actually I think it just made more scared of them! I enjoyed it and was glad I did it, but wouldn't be rushing back. Although, that being said if I did return I would give the sniper rifle a go as it didn't have much kick back & had
a silencer on so wasn't loud. Also when I play Call Of Duty etc (yes I dabble!) I'm always more of a sniper style player so be good to try it out for real haha! All my nervous energy had made me super hungry, so when it looked like we would be going past an In-&-Out Burger I had to have one! These always seem to get raved about so was looking forward to trying it as never had one before, but I've got to say... overrated! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad at all but was basic, like one you'd have at your mums BBQ. I've had better, (Shake Shack/Five Guys) so just letting you know, try it, but don't go out of your way for one!


The next day about 10 of us met up to do a boozy brunch. Even though, as you guys would know by now, I loves me a brunch and have done a lot here, I hadn't been to the Bellagio's one which is where we chose to go. I would say this was really nice, with really nice amount of food options and the waiting staff were really good and not shy on topping up our proseccos! The usual antics ensued, everyone's hit the mimosas hard, all had a gamble (lost more than won. Shock)  and we all ended up
in a bar playing beer pong. I managed to leave my phone at the 'Deal Or No Deal' machine I'd earlier lost money at, in Bellagio, so had to hike back and get that, thankfully it was there! By time we got back, missed half the group leaving - which were the ones who subsequently got in some trouble for their behaviour back at the hotel... obviously can't say anymore than that, but we flew home 3 crew less which was tough but luckily we didn't have a full flight so didn't affect the passengers much. I somehow ended up at the kareoke bar again, the same as I did on the last Vegas! This time it was heaving though and felt like we were there forever waiting for our group song to come on, but it never did & we gave up and left in the end. I was tucked up in bed before 8pm I think ha, these day sessions take it out of ya! Then yeah, as I said slightly harder flight home due to the above but was fine, so cant really complain. Next stop ... long St.Lucia!





Home time views

Comments

Popular Posts