New Years Eve in Cancun!

Rachael & me waving goodbye to 2018 at Club Med!
So here we are - the end of 2018 already! I am still in shock at how crazy fast that year has gone, like what the actual fuck lol?! Anyone else? I was really lucky and got my requested new years trip, which meant I was headed to Cancun in Mexico!! Sadly we're not going to be flying to this destination anymore, after January, so this was my last chance to visit. One of my friends was able to come with me too, which made this trip even more special! As Rachael (my friend) made her own way to the airport I didn't see her until she got onboard! Thought we'd get to have a little chat at some point, but the flight was relentless. One of the most full on ones I've had in some time and that's saying something coming from a Vegas queen! Apart from the 2 seconds I got to give Rach a hug when she boarded & the wave I gave her across the aisle, I had all of 5 minutes to see her it was that manic! So when we arrived we just had a girly style sleepover of pizza and catching up for the first night.


Beach Cocktails
My girl & me Coco Bongo-ing!
As it was new years, most of the crew had brought people with them. So the next day, about 10 of us decided to head up the road to the Club Med resort to spend the day. It's a really good deal of about $50 for breakfast & lunch as well as drinks all day! The weather forecast looked ropey, so what else is there to do other than have a day session?! We got to spend the morning on the beach at least before the massive downpour started! It was just such a fun chilled day filled with laughs, gossiping and a whole load of booze! As it was Rachael's first time here, I had to take her that night to the infamous Coco Bongos club! If you haven't heard of it, its a night club like no other. As well as the usual music, scattered through the night they put on these big shows & performances. With aerial acrobatics, dancers, singing, the lot! It's so different to anywhere else and is such a fun night. Normally its around $70, which obviously isn't cheap but as well as entry & all the performances it includes an all inclusive bar all night so I don't think it's a bad price for such a different type of night. How we managed to keep going after the day session I really don't know, but we had a brilliant time! However, it did not end perfectly.. we went across to somewhere to get food for way home. I ordered what was called a 'monster quesadilla'... with a title like that I'm thinking its going to be loaded up with everything! Got back to the hotel, opened my little tasty parcel to find out it was cheese. Literally nothing else, just melted cheese. Absolutely. Fuming!! I can't go as far as to say night ruined but it wasn't far off haha!

Sunsets over the lagoon
Sundowners



If you read my Vegas new years post from last year, you'll know that Rachael was not in a good way after the second night & this trip was no exception! No where near the same level as Vegas (where she was spiked) but yet again she was a write off for most of the next day! Just can't keep up with me lol! So I left her in the room to sleep it off & hung with some of the others on the beach for the day. In the evening we headed over the road for some really tasty tacos & beers. We then met our FSM (flight manager) and husband at a bar to have some sundowners while the sun set which was really nice with views over the lagoon. We had to rush back to the hotel to all meet in one of our rooms to celebrate UK new years by popping some bottles and watching the London fireworks on the TV. The straight back to my room to get Rachael & get ready for our night out. We ended up out pretty late, but it was a good night. We had all bought tickets to Mandala Beach Club, which had an open bar and was a decent club. Only downer was I thought it was a club on the beach, but it was just a normal club unfortunately. The open bar ended at about 2, but we all ended up on someones table so the champs kept flowing, until me and Rach were starving, so left around 4am (which I thinks pretty good going!) I had the FITTEST nachos this time so all ended perfectly haha!
Our UK (time) NYE room party - pic is circled as my Dad couldn't work out where I was lol!

NYE gang!
I'm shocked to say that we woke up, with neither of us feeling that bad the next day which was a result. We just had enough time to head to the beach, with a few hours to get those final rays in. We then had a lovely mexican lunch down overlooking the Lagoon again & all too soon the trip was over. I am so gutted we arn't flying here anymore, I only got to go 3 times and it's just not enough. The only thing I wanted to do this trip was a bit of sightseeing but with that much boozing it was never going to happen lets be honest! So I've got to come back here to get some mexican culture in! I actually have the mexican day of the dead festival (Dias los Muertos) on my bucket list, so maybe I can make it happen around then too! But I'm so grateful that I got this last trip here & being able to bring a friend as well was even better! If 2019, carries on how it started then I've got a good year in store! Next up... Barbados for 2 nights!

Cancun 2018-2019 Crew

Comments

Popular Posts